All Five Kelly IP Partners Recognized in the 2017 World Trademark Review 100013-Feb-2017
In addition to Kelly IP’s Washington DC and national firm rankings for 2017 (top 3 trademark firms in DC Metro area for both litigation and prosecution and strategy, and among the top 16 trademark firms in the country), the World Trademark Review 1000 (WTR 1000) has again recognized all five Kelly IP partners as leaders in the field. These individual recognitions demonstrate the high-caliber and significant expertise that defines Kelly IP.
The WTR 1000 report contained the client feedback on Kelly IP that “Every single one of its lawyers is really incredible,” with the following specific comments on Kelly IP’s partners:
- Dave Kelly was named one of the top 11 lawyers nationally for trademark enforcement and litigation, the fourth year in a row that Dave was named in this top national band. In addition, Dave was one of 7 lawyers in the highest Gold band ranking for enforcement and litigation and one of 10 Gold status lawyers for prosecution and strategy in the Washington, DC area, the third year in a row that Dave was awarded Gold status in both categories. Clients described Dave as a “superb lawyer” with a “transnational reputation” who “is massively experienced, has a fantastically clear grasp of things and is an eminently practical and skilled negotiator” who “has always been excellent . . . and there was no doubt that we would follow him” when he co-founded Kelly IP.
- Rob Litowitz was recommended for trademark enforcement and litigation. Rob achieved Silver status for enforcement and litigation in the Washington, DC area for the fourth year in an a row. Rob is described by clients as “a fearless and tireless advocate” and “an undeniably brilliant legal writer” and who “commands respect and with his pragmatism he can get businesses to back away from the ledge in heated situations.”
- Linda McLeod was recognized in both trademark categories. For the fourth straight year Linda achieved Gold status for prosecution and strategy and either Gold or Silver status for enforcement and litigation in the Washington, DC area. Linda was recognized because clients commended Linda because she is “stellar at handling oppositions and cancellations,” as well as appeals before the Federal Circuit, and “she has reviewed hundreds, if not thousands, of trademark office cases and possesses a very sharp legal mind – if you need a heavy hitter, she’s the person to call.” In addition, Linda is a “wonderful attorney” who is “deeply familiar with all aspects of trademark law” and “always achieves the optimal outcome in any situation.”
- Lynn Jordan was recognized for prosecution and strategy. Lynn was one of only 10 Gold status lawyers for prosecution and strategy in the Washington, DC area for the second year in a row. Clients describe Lynn as “incredibly experienced, helpful, friendly and cost effective” and “an extremely reliable and responsive attorney.”
- Stephanie Bald was ranked among top Washington, DC area trademark lawyers for trademark enforcement and litigation for the second year in a row. Stephanie was named a Silver status lawyer for enforcement and litigation. Stephanie is described as “a jack of all trades who does a fabulous job in everything. She possesses a business-minded outlook, her fundamental understanding of the law is top-notch and, importantly, she is a real joy to work with.”;
The WTR 1000 is dedicated to identifying the world's leading trademark law firms and practitioners. Through an extensive research process conducted by a team of highly qualified, full-time analysts that interview and communicate with numerous lawyers and their clients, the publication identifies the leading trademark law firms and lawyers in more than 80 key jurisdictions globally. The WTR 1000 2017 results can be found at www.WTR1000.com.