Brittany Knutson recently graduated from American University Washington College of Law magna cum laude and was admitted to the Virginia State Bar. Before joining Kelly IP, Brittany gained significant experience in IP law during two trademark externships in D.C. area firms where she worked on trademark prosecution, enforcement, and counseling matters. At Kelly IP, Brittany also handles TTAB and federal district court litigation.
While in law school, Brittany served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Gerald Bruce Lee, U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Virginia. She also earned the highest grade in several courses, and earned a position on the Journal of Gender, Social Policy & the Law.
Prior to attending law school, Brittany built a successful career in higher education and was the Director of Admissions for a regional career college in Wisconsin.
- Recipient, Stephen & Beatrice Dodd Toth Scholarship.
- Recipient, American University Washington College of Law Dean’s Scholarship
- Student Attorney, D.C. Law Students in Court (2015)
- Academic Affairs Chairperson, Student Bar Association (2014-2015)
- Editorial Staff, Journal of Gender, Social Policy & the Law (2014-2016)
- District of Columbia (application pending)
- Augustana College, B.A. English, 2006
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2016