In addition to Kelly IP’s Washington DC and national firm rankings for 2016 (top 3 trademark firms in DC Metro area and top 27 trademark firms in the country), the World Trademark Review 1000 (WTR 1000) has recognized all five Kelly IP partners as leaders in the field. These individual recognitions demonstrate the high-caliber and significant expertise that defines Kelly IP.
The WTR 1000 report contained the following feedback on Kelly IP’s partners:
- Dave Kelly was named one of the top 27 lawyers nationally for trademark enforcement and litigation for the third year in a row. Dave was one of only 6 “Gold” status lawyers for enforcement and litigation and one of only 9 “Gold” status lawyers for prosecution and strategy in the Washington, DC area. Clients described Dave as a “superb lawyer” with a “transnational reputation” who “is massively experienced, has a fantastically clear grasp of things and is an eminently practical and skilled negotiator.” According to another client, Dave “has always been excellent . . . and there was no doubt that we would follow him” when he co-founded Kelly IP.
- Rob Litowitz was recommended for trademark enforcement and litigation. Rob achieved “Silver” status for enforcement and litigation in the Washington, DC area and is praised for his work on high-profile trademark litigation and his role in securing a precedential and favorable ruling on critical e-discovery issues.
- Linda McLeod was recognized for both trademark enforcement and litigation and for prosecution and strategy. Linda achieved “Gold” status for prosecution and strategy and “silver” status for enforcement and litigation in the Washington, DC area. Linda was recognized because “she knows the trademark office and TTAB proceedings like the back of her hand” and “is an excellent example of a boutique attorney with a strong focus on trademarks.”
- Lynn Jordan was recognized for prosecution and strategy. Lynn was one of only 9 “Gold” status lawyers for prosecution and strategy in the Washington, DC area. Lynn is “best known for her work in the broadcast and movie business – particularly when it comes to the interplay between trademarks and First Amendment rights in artistic works, a subject on which she and Kelly have authored a seminal article.
- Stephanie Bald was ranked among top Washington, DC area trademark lawyers for trademark enforcement and litigation. Stephanie was named a “Silver” status lawyer for enforcement and litigation in the Washington, DC area. As a litigator and strategic counselor, clients described Stephanie as “efficient, smart, tough, [and] skillful.”
The WTR 1000 is dedicated to identifying the world’s leading trademark law firms and practitioners. Through an extensive research process conducted by a team of highly qualified, full-time analysts that interview and communicate with numerous lawyers and their clients, the publication identifies the leading trademark law firms and lawyers in more than 80 key jurisdictions globally. The WTR 1000 2016 results can be found at www.worldtrademarkreview.com.