Managing Intellectual Property (MIP), a leading global legal ranking and referral guide, released its list of U.S. lawyers recognized as IP Stars. All five Kelly IP partners—Dave Kelly, Rob Litowitz, Linda McLeod, Lynn Jordan, and Stephanie Bald—were recognized as IP Stars for 2018. This is the fifth consecutive year that all five partners were recognized as IP Stars. The published feedback on the firm’s lawyers included the following:
- Dave Kelly was identified by clients as a “leader in the field,” a “superstar,” and as having “unparalleled knowledge and experience in trademark litigation and TTAB cases”
- Stephanie Bald was identified as “an expert in district court and TTAB proceedings” who clients described as “proactive,” “creative” and “realistic”
- Rob Litowitz was identified for his work defending Philips in a trademark infringement litigation, in which he led the team in obtaining a judgment of non-infringement after a five-day bench trial
- Linda McLeod is identified as “a leading TTAB practitioner” who “is able to draw on her experience as a former judge for the board”
- Lynn Jordan is identified as “a trusted trademark counselor to several major clients” who clients described as “smart, analytical” and a lawyer who “always provides concise, practical advice”
Earlier this year, MIP released its rankings of U.S. trademark law firms for 2018 in its IP Stars publication. MIP recognized Kelly IP in Tier 1 of U.S. law firms nationally for trademark litigation (1 of only 5 firms) and in its Tier 2 of firms for trademark prosecution (putting Kelly IP in the top 8 firms in the country). The published feedback on the firm included the following:
- “Kelly IP is a top-shelf trademark counseling and litigation practice”
- “[Kelly IP’s] high quality work inspires confidence time after time”
- “Kelly IP’s trademark-focused professionals have decades of experience advising on intellectual property issues and handling disputes”
IP Stars highlights the country’s leading intellectual property firms and lawyers and is based on surveys completed by peers and in-house counsel and on interviews with clients and leading in-house counsel. The 2018 IP Stars rankings of U.S. lawyers are at https://www.ipstars.com/states/district-of-columbia/us-dc#/ip-stars and the 2018 IP Stars rankings of trademark law firms are available at https://www.ipstars.com/countries/united-states-national/us.
Kelly IP is an innovative boutique firm specializing in all aspects of trademarks, copyrights, domain names, false advertising, unfair competition, and related areas. We offer a full range of services in these areas, including trademark clearance, prosecution, portfolio management, counseling, licensing, pre-litigation opinions, enforcement, civil litigation, and litigation before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Kelly IP is consistently ranked in the top tier of national trademark firms in the United States, and its lawyers are recognized among the best in the country. For more information, please visit our website.