Justin Chay focuses his practice on trademark and copyright counseling, enforcement, and litigation. Prior to joining Kelly IP, Justin was a Legal Case Manager at the World Intellectual Property Organization’s Internet Dispute Resolution Section in Geneva, Switzerland, where he managed hundreds of gTLD and ccTLD domain name dispute proceedings.
Justin is a graduate of Emory University School of Law. During law school, Justin won an oral advocacy award as a competitor in the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition and worked as a legal extern at The Coca-Cola Company. Upon graduation, he was named to the Order of Barristers. He received his B.A. in English and Political Science from Vassar College.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Trademark Internet Committee
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Coauthor, “WIPO’s revised Overview 3.0 assesses evolutions in UDRP jurisprudence”, Managing IP, Aug. 2017
- Coauthor, “Keeping Track of Domain Name Jurisprudence”, WIPO Magazine, Oct. 2017
- District of Columbia
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Vassar College, B.A., 2010